FoHG aims ...
... ‘to secure the conservation, protection and improvement of Haven Green and its environs as an important place of local historic, architectural, ecological and aesthetic significance and to safeguard the public right to the quiet enjoyment of the Green.’
To achieve these aims we seek to work with the Council authorities who manage Haven Green to pursue a 5 point agenda:
- to maintain and improve the quality of the green environment.
- to protect and enhance the historic character of the buildings that surround the Green.
- to manage the traffic better and give pedestrians higher priority.
- to encourage appropriate recreational activity and curb anti-social behaviour.
- to protect the Green as Common Land and a historic Village Green