Haven Green has been a public space perhaps since the Norman Conquest. Since that time, Ealing folk have enjoyed the right to graze animals and engage in peaceful recreation on it.
In 1877 the Green was formally recognised as Common Land, but an administrative error meant it was not registered as a Village Green under 1965 legislation for protecting Village Greens.
Over the years bits have been nibbled away from the Green to be used for carparks, bus stops, a taxi shed, bike shelters and an electricity substation. If this goes on Haven Green will disappear.
FoHG believes it vital to protect the Green as the jewel at the heart of
Ealing. We shall therefore support campaigns to safeguard the Green from encroachment on to it.